Job Title: Finance Associate
Reports To: Finance Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA Headquarters
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $18.00-$22.00 hourly, negotiable, depending on experience
CARECEN is looking for a detail-oriented candidate to join us as Finance Associate. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining general ledger entries and reconciling financial reports. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the ledger data is accurate and precise. This position will assist with the preparation of Federal, State, County, City, and foundation budgeting, grant billings, and reports. In addition to this, you should possess excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Since its founding in 1983, CARECEN has been working to change an unjust immigration system, win legal status for immigrants, and foster community activism on issues such as education reform, workers’ and immigrants’ rights, economic justice and community strengthening.
CARECEN is the largest Central American immigrant rights organization in the country. Our mission is to empower Central Americans and all immigrants by defending human and civil rights, working for social and economic justice, and promoting cultural diversity. We envision Los Angeles becoming a place where Central Americans and all other communities live in peace and dignity, enjoying economic well- being, social justice, and political empowerment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned by supervisor
- Charge expenses to general ledger accounts, budget cost centers, and (where applicable) grants by analyzing invoice/expense reports, and recording
- Maintains and updates subsidiary balance sheet schedules on a monthly basis. Investigates reconciling items and discuss with
- Performs account analysis to ensure that journal entries and balances are
- Performs monthly bank reconciliation of all cash accounts. Investigates and corrects reconciling items in a timely
- Supports monthly and annual close processes. Records information such as accrual, deferral, reclassifications, and interdepartmental entries into the company’s accounting
- Keeps abreast of regulatory requirements and best practices in
- Performs other general ledger tasks, duties and projects as assigned by supervisor
Grant Financial Management Support
- Provides preparation assistance and support related to grant application procedures
- Work with Finance staff to review on-going budget to actual reports and manage adjustments and corrections in preparation of monthly invoicing
- Prepares and processes assigned reimbursement claims to funding sources for all Collaborates with program staff and the Development department.
- Ensures proper supporting documentation and backup accompany reimbursement claims and cash requests.
- Ensures that all expenses are allocated accurately to the funding sources and makes changes as necessary.
- Prepares and completes reporting that must be submitted to granting agencies/funders properly and on
- Provides support related to monitoring and managing accounts, audits, evaluations, and
- Monitors the expenditure of funds to ensure adherence to award
- Assists with the closeout of grants and contracts
- Other grant financial management tasks, duties or project as assigned by supervisor
Revenue and Accounts Receivable
- Enters data (donations, legal revenue, receivable payments, wires, etc.) into Accounting software and checking to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted
- Resolves discrepancies in information and obtains further information for incomplete documents
Other Administrative Duties
- Maintains accounting subsidiary ledgers by verifying and posting account
- Maintains historical records by filing
- Assists in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Maintains up to date records of bank statements, credit card statements, copies of supporting documents for grant that require it
- Develops and maintains a filing system
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning
- Develops and updates administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration is
- One to two years general accounting
- Ability to problem solving and find suitable solutions to immediate
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- In collaboration with the development department staff, monitors grant invoicing and receivables, communication with funders as
- Ensures effective financial internal controls for the department
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with outside financial concerns such as banks, government agencies and
- Strong skills in time-management and attention to detail is
- Ensures that external document submission and filings are accurate and
- A reputation for maintaining high personal standards of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Passion for CARECEN’s
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business is preferred. Prior experience with non-profit accounting, management of federal awards and administration of grant cost allocation procedures is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The position includes a comprehensive benefits package including, medical, dental, and vision.
Classification and Work Schedule:
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Office hours of operation are 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday – Friday, Office is located at CARECEN’s central Los Angeles headquarters.
Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Please email cover letter, resume and three references to Gabriela Perez (at [email protected]). Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No soliciting inquiries.
CARECEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnic group identification, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, political affiliation, condition of physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation, in accordance with requirements of Federal and State laws.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook