Family Based Petitions

CARECEN’s team of dedicated attorneys, OLAP accredited representatives, and legal assistants help U.S. citizens and permanent residents petition their family members.  Assistance is available for those who want to apply to bring family members to the United States or to allow family members in the United States to adjust their status.  

If you are a U.S. citizen over 21 years of age, you may petition for your: 

  • Parents 
  • Spouse (you may file for your spouse at age 18 or older) 
  • Fiancé/e (you may file for your fiancé/e at age 18 or older) 
  • Children (under 21, married or unmarried) 
  • Adult sons and daughters (over 21, married or unmarried) 
  • Siblings 

If you are a Lawful Permanent Resident, you may petition for your: 

  • Spouse (you may file for your spouse at age 18 or older) 
  • Unmarried children (under 21) 
  • Unmarried adult sons and daughters (over 21) 

Family-based immigration is a complicated and oftentimes lengthy process.  Many family-based visas take years to become available.  For applicants living in the United States, also need to determine whether they are eligible to apply for residency in the United States or must travel abroad for consular processing.  Furthermore, applicants with certain criminal convictions, or those who have been unlawfully present in the United States, may need a waiver before being able to use their petition to apply for residency. To determine if you or your family member are eligible for family-based immigration, consult with one of our attorneys or accredited representativesPlease call our hotline number 213-814-5248. CARECEN offers services at a variety of locations across Los Angeles.