Welcome to CARECEN's Calendar! We host a variety of events, classes, workshops, actions and celebrations that help advance our social justice mission. Check here for what's coming up!
Sign up to get the latest updates
Over 300,000 people have Temporary Protected Status or TPS, allowing them to legally reside and work in the US. But TPS is under attack by President Trump and General Kelly! We will first about the renewal/extension of TPS for Hondurans, Nicaraguans, and Haitians in November, and then Salvadorans in January. It is important for TPS beneficiaries, their children, families, and allies to organize and fight for extensions and permanent residence!
Join us on Saturday. September 9th for the TPS Assembly of Southern California. It will be held at the Robert F. Kennedy Community School in the heart of Los Angeles (701 South Catalina Street, 90005) from 9:30 am - 3:00 pm. The Assembly will include:
- Political Analysis of the situation with TPS and the Trump administration
- Presentation about the decision of the 9th Circuit Court (as some TPS holders with US Citizen spouses or children can already "adjust their status" to Legal Permanent Resident).
- Presentation of the national study that was done in collaboration with the University of Kansas By Dr. Cecilia Menjivar.
- Update on the Save TPS campaign.
- Information on how you can get involved to find a more permanent solution to TPS - lobbying, media, and other ways to join the fight.
Please invite TPS holders, family members, friends, co-workers and all about this event. And please register on the following website if you are able to attend: www.carecen-la.org/as
For Sponsorship opportunities or ad purchases, please contact @ email@example.com.