What should I do if I have been a victim of notary fraud?

If you think you’ve been a victim of fraud by a notary, contact a nonprofit organization that has full-time lawyers, or a legitimate immigration attorney that can determine the actual state of your immigration case.

Additionally, contact your state’s Bureau of Consumer Protection to file an official complaint. To contact the Bureau of Consumer Protection, call the Office of Immigrant Assistance at 888-587-0557 or through their website: http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/contact/business_corpform_sp.pdf

If you live in the county of Los Angeles you can file your complaint with the Los Angeles County Department of Consumer Affairs at http://dca.lacounty.gov/ComplaintForm.html The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office has additional information on their webpage: http://da.lacounty.gov/immigration.htm#help

Attorneys that work directly or indirectly with notaries are committing an ethical fault. If you know an attorney that is engaging in misconduct, you can file a complaint with the State Bar of the state in which said attorney has been admitted. To present your complaint against an attorney in California visit http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Attorneys/LawyerRegulation/FilingaComplaint.aspx

For information on other states, you can visit the American Immigration Lawyers Association for more information about notary fraud. http://www.stopnotariofraud.org/index-es.php

If you have been a victim of fraud by a notary, your complaint is VERY IMPORTANT to prevent more people from being scammed by these criminals. It is important that the complaint against an attorney or notary is detailed. Include the contract (or indicate that the attorney did not provide a contract even though it is their legal obligation to do so), the business card of the attorney or notary, payment receipts that you have made and above all clearly explain how the notary or attorney jeopardized you in your immigration case. CARECEN recommends that you always obtain legitimate legal advice before filing your complaint.

Showing 1 reaction

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.
  • Raymond Stokes
    commented 2016-11-09 06:11:29 -0800
    I already filed my complaint to the Los Angeles County Department of Consumer Affairs. I think the guys will help me out. The case was indeed so easy and I did use notary help.. I might have noticed that it could be unsafe.
    Ray – author, copy rights on http://write-my-dissertation.net/dissertation-assistance writers page.