Job Title: Senior Development Associate
Classification & Status: Full-Time | Non-exempt
Salary: $20 - $26, depending on experience
Reports to: Development Manager
Location: Telecommute currently offered with transition to CARECEN’s Los Angeles Office
Under the direction of the Development Manager, the Senior Development Associate is responsible for supporting all fundraising operations for CARECEN, ranging from duties related to grant writing assistance, donor stewardship, and event planning. In addition, will maintain an effective and strategic communications and public relations program to enhance the organization’s image and grantor engagement. All responsibilities require ongoing knowledge of activities and programs throughout the organization, exemplary written and oral communication skills and an exceptionally high level of attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Grant Writing and Reporting:
· Assist Development Manager in drafting compelling grant proposals in compliance with grantor guidelines and deadlines. Continuously aims to improve the quality of proposals and reports.
· Maintain interpersonal communication with foundation and corporate funders and respond to ongoing requests for supplemental information and data from CARECEN teams and/or funders.
· Work closely in partnership with multiple CARECEN teams to effectively maintain compliance with outlined objectives in funding contracts.
· Identify and research new potential funders through foundation directories.
· Assist with other development functions such as foundation calls, site visits, and other requests as assigned by Development Manager.
· Support the team in managing critical correspondence related to development and partnerships.
· Maintain donor database: Nationbuilder.
· Assist Development Manager in executing the yearly donor recruitment and engagement strategy.
· Maintain schedule of contacts with donors regarding events/needs of CARECEN.
· Enhance the organization’s image and donor engagement through a creative communication strategy using various media platforms.
· Design, write, and develop visually appealing and creative campaign materials to effectively communicate our programs and services, in coordination with Digital Organizer and other staff members.
· Assist in creation of direct mail, electronic fundraising appeals, and social media campaigns; execute those campaigns by building lists and supporting the design process.
· Responsible for logistics of a large in-person gala event, as well as other donor events spread throughout the year.
· Point person for sponsorship requests, talent request, honorees, guests, volunteer coordinator, and assist in developing printed materials for special events (dinner journal, flyers, etc.)
· Other duties as assigned by Development Manager
· Bachelor’s degree
· Good interpersonal skills: face-to-face, oral and written communication
· Attention to detail
· Database management skills
· Systematic, efficient, independent work habits with good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
· The position may involve some evening and weekend work
· Ability to drive with a valid CA license and registered vehicle is preferred
Ability to travel to CARECEN offices, and other off-site locations. Mileage reimbursement is available. Ability to drive with a valid CA license and a registered vehicle is preferred.
Classification & Work Schedule
The position is a full time hourly position. Office hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday. The work schedule for this position is a 35-hour workweek; 7-hour workdays. The position may require weekend work. The position is part of the bargaining unit represented by the union.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The position operates in a professional office environment. The position requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend and or stand as necessary. Telecommute is currently offered, with transition to in person work at the CARECEN Los Angeles office. Work is performed in a variety of work settings, including CARECEN’s offices, workspace provided by others, libraries and other government facilities, among others. The position may involve some evening and weekend work.
CARECEN offers a generous health insurance package that has medical, vision, dental, life insurance and Flexible Spending Account (FSA). Supplemental insurance and a 403(b) retirement savings plan are also available. Paid time off is also provided along with 11 paid holidays.
Applicants encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to Lissa Morales, [email protected]. Candidates are urged to be specific regarding level of Spanish proficiency. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants must apply directly. CARECEN will not consider applications through legal recruiting/staffing agencies. No inquiries or phone calls from applicants or legal recruiters please.
CARECEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnic group identification, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, political affiliation, condition of physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation, in accordance with requirements of Federal and State laws