Job Title: Program Assistant
Classification & FLSA Status: Full time | Non-Exempt
Salary: $20 to $25 an hour, depending on experience
Department: Legal Department
Reports to: Managing Attorney
Location: Hybrid- Telecommute and CARECEN’s Los Angeles office
Job Summary: The Central American Resource Center (CARECEN) seeks a full-time, bilingual Program Associate to support RepresentLA (formerly Los Angeles Justice Fund) program administration. CARECEN is a Lead Subcontractor administering the Affirmative Services Pillar of the RepresentLA program. The Program Associate will help support and assist in the management, continuity, and expansion of the program, including screening affirmative relief referrals, preparation and administration of the Request for Proposal process, and management and review of subgrantee compliance with RepresentLA requirements. The Program Associate will work closely with the RepresentLA team, which includes a program administrator (PA), program lead partners, legal services providers (LSPs), local government, and community partners.
Job Requirements/Essential Duties:
• Lead the RepresentLA affirmative relief referral process, including pre-screening potential clients for relief eligibility; collecting and reviewing pre-screen/intake documents from potential clients; referring potential clients into the RepresentLA closed-loop referral system, and/or assigning referrals to a corresponding LSP for services.
• Communicate with LSPs to provide program updates, refer cases, follow up on caseloads, monitor completion of action items, and solicit data-reporting as requested by PA and LA County and City officials.
• Assist in the preparation of data and metrics reporting to ensure LSP compliance with RepresentLA deliverables, including portal data collection, monthly and quarterly reports.
• Assist in the development, editing, review, and publishing of program guidance and materials disseminated to LSPs, including translation materials into Spanish as needed.
• Conduct ongoing data entry, compiling and maintaining internal RepresentLA data collection.
• Assist in the oversight of program management for LSPs, including participating in onboarding, training, and technical assistance meetings with the Program Administrator (“PA”) and LSPs; planning and coordinating LSP convenings; coordinating and participating in meetings with LA County and City officials, the PA, and the Removal Defense Lead Subcontractor; and assisting in coordinating site visits or audits set up by the PA and LA County and City officials to evaluate LSPs.
• Participate in the preparation, administration, and amendments of Requests for Proposals (“RFP”) processes, including selection and renewal of subgrantees, and preparing and hosting information sessions on the RFP processes.
• Conduct presentations, community education activities, and respond to media requests on relevant immigration issues and in furtherance of the RepresentLA program as needed.
• Perform general clerical duties for the RepresentLA program on an as-needed basis.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work/life experience.
• 1-2 years of broad knowledge of immigration law experience, including affirmative immigration remedies, strongly preferred.
• Bilingual fluency in spoken and written English & Spanish required.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, customer service skills with proven ability to interact in an appropriate manner with a diverse group of individuals, including clients, representatives of government, foundations, English/Spanish media, and other grassroots organizations.
• Strong attention to detail, superb organizational skills, and effective time management skills required.
• Good working knowledge of local nonprofits and their respective service areas –OR- the ability to quickly learn & understand availability of nonprofit services, required.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Commitment to the mission and goals of CARECEN.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position operates in a professional office environment. The position requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Work is performed in a variety of work settings, including CARECEN’s offices. A hybrid work-from home and in-person model offered. The position is part of the bargaining unit represented by the union.
Classification & Work Schedule
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Office hours Office hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday. The work schedule for this position is a 35-hour work week equaling 7-hour workdays. Responsibilities may involve some evening and weekend work and may require flexible schedules.
The position will be based in the CARECEN Los Angeles office. This position may require occasional travel to offsite meetings with local agencies and partner organizations. Mileage reimbursement is available when applicable. Ability to drive with a valid CA license and a registered vehicle is preferred.
CARECEN offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, and Flexible Spending Account (FSA). Supplemental insurance and a 403(b) retirement savings plan are also available. Paid time off is also provided along with 11 paid holidays.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately and by April XX, 2023.
Please email cover letter, resume, and at least three references to Esmeralda V. Meza, [email protected] Candidates are urged to be specific regarding level of Spanish fluency in the cover letter. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Only those applicants who submit a complete application per these instructions will be considered. CARECEN will not consider applications through legal recruiting/staffing agencies. No inquiries or phone calls from applicants or legal recruiters please.
CARECEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnic group identification, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, political affiliation, condition of physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation, in accordance with requirements of Federal and State laws.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook