The Central American Resource Center (CARECEN) is seeking to hire a part-time, bilingual (Spanish/English) IT Support Coordinator who can provide local IT support to all staff and community members who use CARECEN’s equipment and technological facilities. The IT Support Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and management of CARECEN’s IT needs, including, but not limited to network server supervision, user account management, data backup, computer software and hardware upgrades, equipment and software research, and general equipment troubleshooting and repair. The IT Support Coordinator will be directly supervised by the Office Manager and is an active part of the Administrative Department.
· Maintains relationship and direct communication with technical support contractor (ConnectUNow) and all IT vendors, including, but not limited to, Xerox, Image2000, and Jive Communications
· Establish and maintain cyber security policy for all CARECEN staff. This includes training, presentations, implementation of policies, and responding to cyber security breaches and events.
· Properly train, track, maintain, and supervise all staff and volunteers use of CARECEN IT equipment, including local printers, MFDs, phones, translation equipment, laptops, desktops computers, projectors, sound equipment, etc.
· Maintains and supervises the use of CARECEN’s community computer lab.
· Responsible for the general maintenance of CARECEN’s computer network, including keeping track of computer problems, repairs, and troubleshooting, and maintaining an overall healthy network environment; the same applies for the maintenance of all other IT equipment, including local printers, MFDs, phones, translation equipment, laptops, desktops computers, projectors, sound equipment, etc.
· Keeps diligent track of all IT support requests, as well as how to solve day-to-day technology needs in order to create greater staff-wide technology self-sufficiency.
· Conduct research on computer hardware and software and make recommendations for purchase; learn and implement computer hardware and software upgrades. Assist in the relocation and setup of equipment and installation of new hardware and software.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Some but not all of these duties are: Rearranging offices (moving furniture), pick up donations, assisting staff with set up for events, and place supplies orders among several unexpected activities that may arise.
· Associate of Science or Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, information technology, or related field OR equivalent combination of experience and education required.
· Minimum of 2-years of substantive work experience working in the non-profit sector with one year of community technology experience strongly preferred.
· Basic knowledge of network systems and software including Windows based platforms, MS Office 365, Photoshop, Publisher, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Microsoft Outlook required.
· Knowledge and understanding of database operations, administration, and maintenance in network settings required.
· Must be willing and able to work during evening hours and/or weekends as needed, to prevent staff disruption when working on network servers and computers.
· Ability to take initiative, self-start, and be creative in addressing issues and problems with limited resources. Ability to work in a collaborative manner with co-workers.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills to keep track of all IT needs.
· Excellent time and project management skills.
· Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to urgent needs and situations.
· Strong verbal and writing skills.
· Fluency in the English and Spanish languages required.
· Commitment to the mission and goals of CARECEN.
Office hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. The part time work schedule for this position is a 21-hour workweek equaling 7-hour workdays. Work is performed in a variety of work settings, including CARECEN’s offices, workspace provided by others, libraries and other government facilities, among others.
Ability to travel to CARECEN offices, and other off-site locations. Mileage reimbursement is available. Ability to drive with a valid CA license and a registered vehicle is required.
Application Deadline: As soon as possible.
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to Alejandro Rojas (firstname.lastname@example.org) only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates are urged to be specific regarding level of Spanish proficiency. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants must apply directly. CARECEN will not consider applications through recruiting/staffing agencies. No inquiries or phone calls from applicants or recruiters please.
CARECEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnic group identification, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, political affiliation, condition of physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation, in accordance with requirements of Federal and State laws