The Central American Resource Center (CARECEN) is seeking to hire a part-time, bilingual (Spanish/English) IT Support Coordinator who can provide local IT support to all staff and community members who use CARECEN’s equipment and technological facilities. The IT Support Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and management of CARECEN’s IT needs, including, but not limited to network server supervision, user account management, data backup, computer software and hardware upgrades, equipment and software research, and general equipment troubleshooting and repair. The IT Support Coordinator will be directly supervised by the Office Manager and is an active part of the Administrative Department.
CARECEN was founded in 1983 by Salvadoran refugees and other human rights activists who worked to secure legal status for the thousands of Central Americans fleeing civil war. Today, CARECEN’s mission is to promote the human and civil rights of Central Americans and other immigrant communities through legal and educational services, and by advocating and organizing to transform immigration and education policies.
CARECEN’s Administrative Department is responsible for meeting the day-to-day office needs of CARECEN’s entire 50+ member staff, which includes an extensive team of lawyers, legal assistants, paralegals, as well as a Day Labor Center, Parent & Youth Center and satellite offices in the San Fernando Valley and Whittier.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, administration, or related field OR equivalent combination of experience and education strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1-years of substantive work experience working in the non-profit sector with one year of community technology experience strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of network systems and software including Windows based platforms, MS Office 365, Photoshop, Publisher, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Microsoft Outlook required.
- Knowledge and understanding of database operations, administration, and maintenance in network settings required.
- Must be willing and able to work during evening hours and/or weekends as needed, to prevent staff disruption when working on network servers and computers.
- Ability to take initiative, self-start, and be creative in addressing issues and problems with limited resources. Ability to work in a collaborative manner with co-workers.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills to keep track of all IT needs.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to urgent needs and situations.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Fluency in the English and Spanish languages required.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of CARECEN.
- Maintains relationship and direct communication with technical support contractor (ConnectUNow) and all IT vendors, including, but not limited to, Xerox, Image2000, and Jive Communications
- Establish and maintain cyber security policy for all CARECEN staff. This includes training, presentations, implementation of policies, and responding to cyber security breaches and events.
- Properly train, track, maintain, and supervise all staff and volunteers use of CARECEN IT equipment, including local printers, MFDs, phones, translation equipment, laptops, desktops computers, projectors, sound equipment, etc.
- Maintains and supervises the use of CARECEN’s community computer lab.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of CARECEN’s computer network, including keeping track of computer problems, repairs, and troubleshooting, and maintaining an overall healthy network environment; the same applies for the maintenance of all other IT equipment, including local printers, MFDs, phones, translation equipment, laptops, desktops computers, projectors, sound equipment, etc.
- Keeps diligent track of all IT support requests, as well as how to solve day-to-day technology needs in order to create greater staff-wide technology self-sufficiency.
- Conduct research on computer hardware and software and make recommendations for purchase; learn and implement computer hardware and software upgrades. Assist in the relocation and setup of equipment and installation of new hardware and software.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor. Some of these duties are: Rearranging offices (moving furniture), pick up donations, assisting staff with set up for events, place supplies orders, assist manager with HR related paperwork, coordinate the Community Service program among several unexpected activities that may arise.
- It is extremely important to note that most certainly a valid Driver License and car will be needed to perform this job as many activities will require running errands.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$15 - $17 BOE
Deadline to apply: Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately, as we anticipate hiring within weeks of this posting.
Please email cover letter, resume, and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants must apply directly. No inquiries or phone calls from applicants or legal recruiters please.
CARECEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnic group identification, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, political affiliation, condition of physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation, in accordance with requirements of Federal and State laws.