Work with management to develop and administer human resources policies, programs and services, including legal compliance, employee benefits, employee relations, employment practices, and procedures, employee communications as well as employee events and assists department with recruitment by performing the following duties.
Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
2. Manages CARECEN’s relationship with the Union.
3. Keeps up-to-date on changes and updates in employment law.
4. Develops and recommends personnel policies and procedures for inclusion in handbook.
5. Oversees the employee benefits programs including medical dental, life, disability insurance, supplemental medical and 403b.
6. Monitors timely and complete conduct of annual employee evaluations.
7. Tracks employee personal time off.
8. Manages orientation program for welcoming and integrating new employees.
9. Oversees employee recordkeeping including new hires, performance appraisals, employee transfers, separations and exit interviews.
10. Creates and maintains current job descriptions for all employees.
11. Administers bimonthly payroll.
12. Recruits, interviews, tests and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
13. Responsible for management and employee training programs. This could be in coordination with other management staff.
14. Serves as a liaison for management team and supervises employees on human capital issues that affect performance and business relationships.
15. Fosters a workplace environment consistent with the values and vision of the CARECEN.
16. Meets deadlines, prioritizes company assignments and maintains professional composure under pressure and dynamic conditions.
17. Adjusts to new situations encountered on a daily basis and has the ability to learn new duties quickly.
18. Leads conflict resolution and maintains a constructive working relationship with employees at all levels of the organization.
19. Works well with others, both inside and outside of the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Business Administration, Organizational Psychology or Communications; and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Specialized degree in Human Resource Administration and/or professional certification is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Outlook and internet software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms.
Position/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday Through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is an exempt position, which regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
This is an exempt position. Benefits and compensation will be based on compensation history and experience.
To Apply Send a cover letter with resume, salary history and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CARECEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages all those qualified and interested to apply.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.