The Central American Resource Center (CARECEN) is seeking to hire a Facilities Manager to oversee maintenance and repair of our Los Angeles location.
CARECEN was founded in 1983 by Salvadoran refugees and other human rights activists who worked to secure legal status for the thousands of Central Americans fleeing civil war. Today, CARECEN’s mission is to promote the human and civil rights of Central Americans and other immigrant communities through legal and educational services, and by advocating and organizing to transform immigration and education policies.
This position will be primarily responsible for the care and maintenance of our CARECEN Los Angeles building. As part of the Administration team the facilities manager will be expected to coordinate repair and improvement projects through vendors and suppliers; supervising volunteers to assist in day-to-day maintenance; create a system to overlook our office keys, parking lot, and venue rental; and coordinate with monthly visits from various suppliers. This position will also work with various CARECEN departments to coordinate the movement of office furniture and supplies and ensure they are ready for any current or future employees.
Summary of Duties:
- Maintain reliable list of suppliers/vendors and negotiate prices or contracts for purchasing, leasing, or repairs of company owned assets.
- Supervise community service volunteer program and assign tasks to volunteers.
- Schedule and assign duties in carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, heating/ventilating, roofing, safety, waste management.
- Create a system for managing office keys and access.
- Inspect building equipment for needed repair and maintenance work.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required; troubleshoot issues to determine cause and solution.
- Maintain existing systems related to parking and venue rentals.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and upkeep at CARECEN Los Angeles location.
- Coordinate movement of desks, offices, filing cabinets, and other office equipment.
- Coordinate setup of tables and chairs for CARECEN events.
- Provide additional Administrative Support as needed.
- Associates Degree Preferred
- Experience in maintenance and repair
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Driver’s license
- Weekend availability
Salary and Benefits
This is a permanent full time position paid at an hourly rate of $15.00 – 19.00, depending on experience. The position includes benefits.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to JobsAdmin1@carecen-la.org. Candidates are urged to be specific regarding level of Spanish proficiency and preferred area(s) of focus in the cover letter. Candidates should describe previous work experience in their cover letter. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants must apply directly. No search firms or recruiters (no exceptions). No inquiries please.
CARECEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnic group identification, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, political affiliation, condition of physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation, in accordance with requirements of Federal and State laws.