CARECEN seeks an executive assistant to provide support by preparing reports, handling information request, receiving visitors, scheduling meetings, and managing executive’s and legal director’s schedule.
CARECEN was founded in 1983 by Salvadoran refugees and other human rights activists who worked to secure legal status for the thousands of Central Americans fleeing civil war. Today, CARECEN’s mission is to promote the human and civil rights of Central Americans and other immigrant communities through legal and educational services, and by advocating and organizing to transform immigration and education policies.
Summary of Duties:
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees, and boards of directors.
- Make travel arrangements for executives.
- Speech writing for events and presentations.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Prepare agendas and coordinate scheduled events for executives, such as luncheons and catering arrangements for committee and board meetings, and other types of meetings.
- Manage and maintain executives' schedules.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Organizing documents and files.
- Associates degree
- Two years’ experience in Administrative work
- Experience with Microsoft Office and internet research (Expedia, Amazon, Airbnb)
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary D.O.E., competitive benefits package.
Deadline to apply: Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.
Please email cover letter, resume, at least two references, and brief writing sample (10 page maximum) to: JobsAdmin2@carecen-la.org.
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants must apply directly. CARECEN will not consider applications through legal recruiting/staffing agencies. No inquiries or phone calls from applicants or legal recruiters please.
CARECEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnic group identification, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, political affiliation, condition of physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation, in accordance with requirements of Federal and State laws.