The Development Manager will help implement a strong, proactive fundraising program in support of the organization’s mission and strategic plan. The Manager is responsible for fund development activities such as donor cultivation, and soliciting corporate and foundation prospects. The Development Manager works closely with the Executive Director, development, and key program staff to increase the number and size of individual and corporate gifts with the goal of building CARECEN’s long-term fundraising capacity.
The Central American Resource Center (CARECEN)’s mission is to empower Central American and other immigrants by defending human and civil rights, working for social and economic justice and promoting cultural diversity.
Summary of Duties
● Create and track fundraising events such as CARECEN’s Annual gala
● Maintain and ensure confidential donor prospect lists and donor records.
● Research and develop relationships with foundation partners, donors, and other funding sources
● Coordinate direct mail production of fundraising appeal letters.
● Provide administrative support to Executive Director and other managing staff with grant writing efforts, newsletters, and any other communication materials.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
● Commitment to the mission and goals of CARECEN.
● Knowledge of event and non-event fundraising activities.
● Strong project management skills, organizational skills, and communication skills
● Needs to be detail oriented.
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to work professionally in a deadline-driven environment.
● Ability to work with a diverse team
● Minimal commitment of 2 years
● Associate or bachelor’s degree in a related field is a plus.
● Minimum 2 year of fundraising experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
● Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
This is an exempt position. Benefits and compensation will be based on compensation history and experience.
To Apply Send a cover letter with resume and three references to: email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
**CARECEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages all those qualified and interested to apply