The Development Associate will help implement a strong, proactive fundraising program in support of the organization’s mission and strategic plan. The Associate is responsible for fund development activities such as donor cultivation, and soliciting corporate and foundation prospects. The Development Associate works closely with the Executive Director, development, and key program staff to increase the number and size of individual and corporate gifts with the goal of building CARECEN’s long-term fundraising capacity.
The Central American Resource Center (CARECEN)’s mission is to empower Central American and other immigrants by defending human and civil rights, working for social and economic justice and promoting cultural diversity.
Summary of Duties
- Help implement fundraising strategies and tactics.
- Create fundraising reports and other reports as needed
- Maintain and ensure confidential donor prospect lists and donor records.
- Manage communications with donors and donor prospects.
- Build and manage relationships with foundation partners, donors, and donor prospects.
- Coordinate direct mail production of fundraising appeal letters.
- Conduct prospect research on potential individual, corporate, foundation and other funding sources.
- Work with Executive Director and program staff to help write, edit and manage grant proposals and reports from foundations (private, family, and corporate).
- Help coordinate fundraising events.
- Support the planning and coordination of CARECEN’s Annual Gala.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Commitment to the mission and goals of CARECEN.
• Knowledge of event and non-event fundraising activities.
• Strong organizational skills, communication skills, and detail oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Ability to work professionally in a deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to work with diverse groups.
• Associate or bachelor’s degree in a related field is a plus.
• Minimum 1 year of fundraising experience preferably in a non-profit setting.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
This is an exempt position. Benefits and compensation will be based on compensation history and experience.
To Apply Send a cover letter with resume, salary history and three references to: email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CARECEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages all those qualified and interested to apply.